On 16th April 2018 The Foundation for Infant Loss will launch their nationwide Baby Loss Helpline. Our helpline will be ran by trained staff and volunteers, many of which have suffered a pregnancy or infant loss themselves.
We hope that our service will provide a support and signposting service for bereaved parents who will have a variety of enquiries and questions.
We are able to signpost you to the following professionals and organisations in your local area:
- Funeral Directors that are experienced with Baby loss
- Trained Counselling professionals and charities
- Free Hire of a Cold Cot
- Funeral Celebrants
- Loss Doulas
- We can advise of seeking financial support for Baby’s funeral and advise of funeral directors in your local area that offer free funerals for infants
- Free Resources and information for Baby’s funeral
- Baby specific Funeral suppliers
- Bereavement Photography Specialists
- Memory Making and Memory Box Charities
- Angel Gowns for Infants
- Information relating to maternity and paternity rights and financial entitlement after pregnancy and Infant Loss
- Legal issues
- Support and resources for Children
- Support for those supporting bereaved parents
- Alternative Therapies
- Support for when a Twin dies
- Healing support
- Mental Health Support including anxiety and depression
- Support with subsequent Pregnancies after loss
As bereaved parents we fully understand how difficult it can be to try and seek out information (as above) at such a devastating time.
We hope that by making one phone call to us or by sending one email that we can fully assist you in all that you need
The Foundation also welcomes calls from health care professionals and bereavement services who may be calling on behalf of a bereaved parent.
The Foundation will offer any bereaved parent a copy of their Book “Little Wings” and any health care professional a copy of “Pregnancy and Infant Loss: A guide for Professionals” at no charge.